Benefits of Pond Aeration and Lake Aeration
What are the Benefits of Pond & Lake Aeration?
There are many benefits of installing aeration systems in ponds, lakes, reservoirs or marinas. Overall, pond aeration and lake aeration activate a series of complex physical, chemical and biological processes, which can significantly improve pond water quality and lake water quality.
Some of the more common benefits of aeration for ponds, lakes, reservoirs and marinas are as follows:
- Increase Dissolved Oxygen Concentrations
- Reduce Buildup of Poisonous Gases
- Eliminate Stress to Fish & Aquatic Organisms (Fishkills)
- Reduce Release of Noxious Odors
- Increase Water Clarity (Transparency)
- Reduce the Accumulation of Sediments
- Reduce Algal Blooms (Algae)
- Reduce High Metal Concentrations
- Reduce Nutrient Releases by Anoxic Sediments
- Improve the Quality of Fisheries
- Reduce Mosquito populations
- Reduce Risk of Spreading Mosquito Transmitted Diseases like West Nile Virus